Monday, December 13, 2010

Roundup: Pirates 4 Trailer, Chuck Parody, New Segment

Lo and behold the trailer for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie; On Stranger Tides.

After watching the trailer, I'm reminded of the failure that was At World's End. However, I'll stay hopeful that this latest installment will be worthwhile.



For those Chuck fans out there, enjoy this MAD spoof of the ever popular spy show. Yes, it's corny, cheesy and childish, but it's the first spoof of Chuck ever made, and that alone warrants attention.




Fanboy DVD Pick:


We Were Soldiers: Following the exploits of a Lieutenant General (Mel Gibson) who led the US in the first major battle of Vietnam, We Were Soldiers provides a unique look not only at the battlefield, but at life back home where the wives and families of those fighting abroad struggle to cope with the war and everything it brings about.

Here's a new segment within a segment titled, 'Completely Random'.

To herald in the new mini-segment is....THIS! Click Here!!!You Won't Regret It!

Opinions on the new Pirates movie? Sound off in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on POTC. I am such a Disney nerd and was so completely enthralled with the first one. But then #2 and #3 were less enthralling. I think they could have cut about 50% of the junk and created one movie out of them.

    And now... no Orlando Bloom? And while I think Depp is The Man, and is completely awesome and Captain Jack Sparrow is the greatest character created... um... ever? I just don't see Pirates of the Caribbean without the other main characters.

    I'm hopefully optimistic, but I won't be surprised if I'm terribly disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I've never been a big fan of Pirates of the Caribbean... it seems to be Disney's big cash cow.

    Star Wars fans are lucky....spoofs galore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG train wreck parenting that is what it should be called! The only thing Pirates is good for now is me drooling over good looking men that I dont have to go to a Ren Faire to see. I have to show the husband the Chuck parodies, he loves that show..now if only they would make a real D&D movie that doesn't SUCK my life might be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pirates movie looks plotless. Of course, I've only seen the first one...my mom said that was the only one worthy of being watched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gina-Yes, the first movie was excellent! The second movie was decent, and you already know what I think of the third.

    However, I thought that a lot of the problems with the latter two films had to do with the relationship between Bloom and Knightley. It simply seemed very ridiculous and conrtived. I for one am actually glad to see that they won't be in this isntallment.

    @Endor-While I don't think the new Pirates movie has a pointless plot, I'd have to agree with your mom on the 2nd and 3rd films.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacks latest trek through the Caribbean looks salty enough to be good. I hope it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails