Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Green Lantern Trailer, New The Clone Wars outfits & Serenity!

Well here it is. The long awaited trailer for The Green Lantern!



Okay, is it just me, or does this not look good? I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of Ryan Reynolds. At all. I find him exceedingly annoying, and it looks like they're trying to sprinkle this movie with a little too much of his 'charm'.

And aren't those suits weird? I don't know. It could just be me, but my anticipation for this movie has been drastically lowered.

On the flip side, check out my fellow geek blog Anakin and His Angel, which is celebrating it's tenth anniversary this month! Congrats Jen!

The Clone Wars gets a new look:

Nearly half way through it's third season, The Clone Wars will now be updating the models for it's core three characters, Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan.

Each character will be sporting a newly designed outfit, with both Obi-Wan and Anakin appearing more like they do in Revenge of the Sith and Ahsoka getting more covered up.

In addition to the new wardrobe, all three characters seemed to have a more 'aged' look. And finally, as witnessed by this awesome video, Ahsoka will be using not one, but two lightsabers in the future. While retaining her original saber, she'll be putting a short lightsaber or shoto to use.

Okay, I'm drawing way too far into this aren't I? All I know is that it's a breath of fresh air seeing these new designs.



Serenity Continues:

Serenity, the ever popular cult-classic sci-fi western is continued once again in a comic book format with the long awaited Shepherd's Tale, and also a free online comic, Downtime.


Besides the fact that it feels REALLY good having new Serenity material to read, there's one very interesting thing I thought that I should point out. Neither of these comics were created by Joss Whedon. In the comments for Shepherd's Tale on the Dark Horse website, it says that Joss' brother, Zack has been passed the creative torch.

As a fanboy who can dream about a future where Firefly/Serenity returns to both the little and big screens, I am currently jumping for joy. Yes, I CAN dream!

Finally, and I know that I've said this many a time lately, but I WILL be posting my reviews of multiple movies tomorrow; Toy Story 3, The Last Airbender, The Town, Despicable Me and Red.

What are your thoughts on the Green Lantern trailer? Love it? Hate it? Sound off in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug!

    I'm so excited about the new costumes!! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green lantern trailer doesn't compel me to watch the movie, but I'm not repelled by it either. I Guess it just looks like another mediocre super hero movie to me.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Clone Wars characters look amazing!!

    -Barriss :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails